Acceptance: thy name is life.

by mrsb2b | 9:54 AM in |

So I must apologize for not writing sooner. I got carried away being a woman and trying to actually do this thing called living. I know we are all trying to, but some days it feels like you are a lone on this quest. 

Some days you just want to ask when you will get a badge of honor or something that actually recognizes just how much you have put into your life, into your family, into your relationships, into work, into smiling, into everything that revolves around you. 

If I were to be completely selfish for the next few moments and live in a parallel world where everything worked the way I wanted it to, I would like for the following to happen. 

  • A mute button for everyone who only has negative things to say for the sole purpose of making me doubt my self and my capabilities. Case in point, that boss who feels like I am doing an unsatisfactory job and thinks they are better off without me.
  • A job waiting for when I get tired of putting up with the said boss.
  • Secured monies for my family so that even thoughts about money wouldn’t be formed.
  • World peace. I know it sounds clichéd but seriously, why should wars even exist? I know it is in out nature to be contrary but wars are such a waste of time, money and more importantly, human potential. Can you imagine what the world would be like if we concentrated that hate and passion into health? Education? Social development?
  • A system of governance/leadership that actually works. Everyone has/can be corrupted in some way; some of our Delilah’s are more tempting than others, that’s a fact. When we begin to accept that present versions of “democracy” are but extensions of self ambition and do nothing to change it because we don’t see the point, its time to sit up and ask “what can I do to change this? Why should we accept less than we are worth?”
  • An education system that actually prepares you for life: one that works with your skill sets to being the better you to the forefront- NOT some flawed system at the end of which you wonder if you just wasted over 15 years of your life.

This list could go on. The point is that life will never work out the way I want it to all the time. But some times, I think, life could actually work the way it should, if I just got over the “idea” that I am supposed to live life with my head buried in the sand. 

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous on March 19, 2009 at 11:21 AM

    we all can hope.

    31337

     
  2. Robyn.K.Y on March 19, 2009 at 12:41 PM

    love the title.
    missed you.

     
  3. Mr. B2B on March 19, 2009 at 1:18 PM

    Sometimes a simple thank you feels good... doesn't it?

    Thank you for dropping this.

     
  4. Anonymous on March 23, 2009 at 8:05 PM

    I totally agree with you Mrs....

    Wat gets me worked up is u giving ur all and someone thinking u are not trying hard enough.....would would they know? Beats me, i mean am tell u am doin my best....who else to believe but me.

    A badge awaits u somewhere thats for sure.

     
  5. Tandra on April 24, 2009 at 7:43 AM

    i tag u!!