Here and There

by mrsb2b | 5:54 PM in |

Carlo accused me of not being a true blogger, mbu I just kwesiba on bloggers. She just might have a point but at the end of the day what is the definition of a blogger? What is the criteria for you to be considered one? Carlo kindly enlighten me because I think there is something that I am missing.

I went for my first BHH last month, alright my first official BHH. It was interesting, met a few bloggers and got re-acquainted with some. The new faces - Joshi, Solomon, Yvonne and Detamble. Then for the re-acquainting - Apiyo, Carlo, Dee, Eddsla, Flora, Lucy and Rev. And yes he was there too. Talked a bit to everyone which was all good. Then something happened that actually threw me off but then not there and then. Was jazzing with one blogger and I asked her for her phone number at some point mainly for the book stuff. So I saved the number she gave me. Now sometime last week I call the number coz I was looking for a book for a client, a guy answered and he was so amused because it was totally a wrong number!

I was actually flabbergasted by it all. It would have been so much simpler for her to just say, "no, i don't want to give it to you." I would have been like, what the heck?! but still respected her choice and stayed away. I was actually quite disappointed, not because she didn't give me her number but coz this is someone who whenever we bump into each other is all smiles and actually stops to talk, as if really interested. Oh well, lesson learned.

Well I missed Antipop and Chanel at BHH. I was looking forward to mingling with them becuase it seems they are a special breed of chicks. Wanted to see how different they are compared to their 'personalities' on blogger. Especially the madam from Kanungu.

In other news, I finally watched Dream Girls and it was actually nice to see Beyonce playing a part that required her to be 'humble'. And I hahad Jennifer Hudson, she has a marvellous, wonderfully delicious voice! And she totally deserved that Oscar.

Enjoy your weekend peoples.

11 comments:

  1. Samali Mudamuli Ntikita Ntikita on November 14, 2008 at 1:23 PM

    Maybe you copied the wrong number. I'm sure she didn't intend to give you the wrong one.

     
  2. Tumwijuke Mutambuka on November 14, 2008 at 5:44 PM

    Hahaha! Bambi to be misled by a chick? That's why you should be friends for really nice people like me ;-)

     
  3. Anonymous on November 14, 2008 at 11:32 PM

    U got treated Mrs...if she gave u a wrong number intentionally it was so rude of her. Wonder if u ll mention it to her the nxt tym u see her.....

    So u goin to attend BHH from now on?

     
  4. Tandra on November 15, 2008 at 1:32 AM

    i suspect you were busy trying to look into "his" eyes....


    as per being snaked, its just a number.. plus i really think u shd toss the other guys number, sounds interesting

     
  5. eddsla on November 15, 2008 at 6:47 PM

    hmm, y w'd smone do that?

     
  6. Anonymous on November 17, 2008 at 2:37 PM

    me I am besides myself thinking aem you dont know how much Antipop has wanted to meet you. Now imagaine the BHH I miss Mr is gon pay big time....Wampona luli

     
  7. Carlo on November 17, 2008 at 5:48 PM

    I get to my own party late? See? That right there is me not having faith in people. Nkakuhwamu amani kale! So, a blogger is someone who blogs at least once in a fortnight. You know, two posts a month. That's not so bad is it? Or be like Cheri and post three times a day and not leave chance for some of us who have real jobs to comment but we just read. Take your pick.

     
  8. the antipop on November 19, 2008 at 4:51 PM

    awwwww. you got suckered by a chic? now that is a new ocncept. altho i do think maybe you copied the number accidentally. ask her about it... i am sure she has a good explanation. i missed seeing you there. i was too damn tired that day, all i really wanted to do was go home and sleep. will be there next time. you coming?

     
  9. Emi's on November 23, 2008 at 1:18 AM

    Am afraid of attending a BHH if am going to get wrong numbers, Ehh!!

     
  10. Robyn.K.Y on January 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM

    the things that i miss the most.had only one chance to attend bhh

     
  11. eizzy.k on April 29, 2009 at 5:24 PM

    LoL...i admit, i'm guilty of having done that in the past!

    Its just that some people are difficult and dont take it that well.

    I mean you say that now, but if she said no right in your face, you might intend to ask why, oba do you look shady to her, etc, and put her in a difficult position.

    she probably didnt mean it in that way, just doesn’t know you like that yet...