When it is time to say goodbye

by mrsb2b | 12:39 PM in |

Don’t look at me that way. This has nothing to do with me. Well not directly at any rate.

I have a friend who is in the process of breaking up. I say process because according to me, it’s more or less a done thing, but you know what they say “fools in love/lust”… It is taking longer than I think it should and I think it is imperative that I be the good friend I know I am and give her a boost in the right direction.

It strikes me that I might be advocating to kick the guy to the curb because I am tired of being the friend that holds her hand, who she comes to when she wants to voice her inner debates. There are times I just want to shake her and tell her she deserves way more than what he is giving her.

You might think I am being a bit too rash. Let me break it down. Tell you what this chap did. Well what rumor says he did anyway and from the way he is acting, he might as well be guilty. He is sleeping with this other chick because my friend will not sleep with him. I say, “Kudos to her! You don’t know where he has been and with whom!”

I don’t want to believe the cliché about all men being dogs but sometimes it rings true.

What happened to abstinence? To all those campaigns Y.E.A.H, ministry of Health and their various assortments of friends hustle to run? About being responsible? About being a man, making choices today that will save you tomorrow?

Men argue that they since they are easily stimulated, they cannot control their baser instincts, they just have to find ways to “fix the problem”. I like the rebuttal to this argument.

God made man (men and women) different from all His other creations. He made man with the ability to choose/make decisions for himself. He gave man free will. So for you to stand up and say is you could not control yourself, you had to get some is total fallacy.

Back to this guy.

After the initial tears and pointing fingers session, the girl took the boy back. You should have seen the disbelief written all over me. The mad chick that I am, I would never have done that but then, women are suckers which I so understand! But sometimes we need to have a real good back bone and just not give in to that crap.

The twist in this tale came a few days later. Suddenly she cannot do anything right according to him. She walks out of parties, she always puts him down, and she doesn’t care one bit about him and his friends.

Then some more drama, he said he had never met a woman like her who is not shy about embarrassing him. W.T.F.

I felt that blow like I was the one in the relationship. By the time I have put up with your crap for more than 11 months and then you suddenly wake up and declare that I am an embarrassment to you? What have the last months been about? Have you suddenly found your embarrassment meter?

This is when you realize how deceitful men can be. Okay, that’s a bit too much of a generalization to fly but this is when you realize how deceitful relationships can be. You think after you have been through the shzznut would realize how much you have put in.

So my question is when is the right time to break off a relationship?

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous on July 29, 2008 at 3:16 PM

    Its my day to grab boots in the B2B household

     
  2. Anonymous on July 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM

    Sounds like you and me share something in common. We listen to bull and the characters are the same

     
  3. Anonymous on July 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM

    Methinks your girl is crazy...but sometimes thats what makes me tired of giving advice and holding hands..

    Your friend has to reach a point where she decides she's worth more than the crap she's bn fed...

    The man is clearly insecure..he's putting her down so that she won't leave him like she did last time...when the man starts disrespecting you..then its time to leave!!

     
  4. Anonymous on July 29, 2008 at 10:40 PM

    cliche alert: same script different cast. it is easier when you are on the outside looking in but really, surely, cheating no matter what lame reason you put forth, better leave that person than cheat and hurt that person more.

     
  5. Anonymous on July 30, 2008 at 1:58 AM

    Who the fax does that son of a nutcracker think he is?

    Guess we'll never understand y pple stay in certain relationships for so long...u can advice ur gal 4 so long but since she's not ready to leave she won't.

    Its time to say goodbye when u've had enough which in most cases is later than sooner.

     
  6. Mr. B2B on July 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

    Seriously
    Your friend needs all the listening she can get.... She is falling for a cheat!

    That sucks...

    She and only she will only know when she has had enough!

    Women are amazing in their sense of understanding (in this case mis-understanding)...

    I guess she can see past being cheated on....

    He needs to know what he is making her go through.... so that he knows her worth...

    Then she should leave his cheating a** alone....
    Then he will see...
    "you don't know what you've got till it's gone"

    You need to be there for her a little while longer.... And not give her that "i told you so BS drama"

    Just a little while....
    That is the trick....

     
  7. Heaven! on July 31, 2008 at 3:40 PM

    Oh dear God! I have just found you!!!
    am going to kill B2B for not telling me!

    let me grab a cookie and a glass of milk and settle in.

    ...in a bit:)

     
  8. Petite Femme on July 31, 2008 at 3:40 PM

    The right time to break up a relationship is the first time u think it's not right.

    There's no taking chances unless u want to prolong the heartache.

     
  9. Anonymous on August 5, 2008 at 8:33 PM

    I really don't get why anyone would believe that someone who's cheated on you will not cheat on you again! its bollocks and especially for a less than 1 yr old relationship, reason to terminate.

    And I pity women because they are the ones who seem to fall for this line of crap, your friend should ask herself this - if the jamaa found out she was cheating, how quickly would she be shown the door?